1. Matt brought me the most beautiful bouquet of brightly colored tulips for Valentine’s Day. I’m so thankful for a husband who knows to bring me tulips instead of roses. A friend of mine rolled her eyes and scoffed that tulips are not romantic like roses. But you know what is romantic? A man who knows his wife well enough to know that tulips will make her smile simply because he remembered that tulips are her favorite. Period.
2. It’s almost swim suit season, y’all. You know what that means? In my house it means “put down the cheeseburger, Fatty McFaterson”. It’s back to salads and those Healthy Choice steamer meals for me. I have to admit, I feel much better when I’m eating right and honestly those Healthy Choice meals are really good. Plus this year, we have 2 beach vacations and my sister’s wedding so I need to be skinny enough to fit in my bridesmaid dress. That’s motivation.
3. Insomnia is going to kill me. Is that possible? Death by insomnia? I had several nights in a row this week where I saw every hour between midnight and 5am. This is ridiculous. I’ve tried Ambien, OTC sleep aids, having a set bedtime routine…I’m about one night short of going for hypnosis. Because seriously- mama with no sleep is a bitchy mama.
4. Speaking of insomnia, one night during my insomnia-fest I ended up shopping on my iPhone apps. I got some great deals for the kids for spring and summer. Sneakers at H&M for Mase and Zoey for $6 each, dresses at H&M for Zoey for $4, shirts for Mase at H&M for $2.45 each…you just can’t beat those prices. I also got great deals at Children’s Place- short sleeve graphic tees for Zoey, Mase, & Maia for $3.75 each plus free shipping!
5. Do you love free stuff? Have you entered for a chance to win one of the giveaways going on right now? You have a chance to win a $1,000 Target Gift Card, $1,000 Visa Gift Card, or a $100 Visa Gift Card! What are you waiting for?