A couple of months ago I was desperate to find some new dinner recipes that were quick to prepare and yummy enough to entice the kids to actually eat. We were all getting tired of my tried and true favorite dinner recipes and nothing was really capturing my interest. I’ve seen people make something similar to this Nacho Scoops recipe as an appetizer at parties but in my aforementioned quest to find some fun dinners that my kids will eat without complaint I decided to turn it into a dinner recipe. And it worked. My kids scarfed this dinner down so fast that I had some serious concerns about choking.
1 bag Tostidos Scoops chips
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
2 cups shredded cheese (use your favorite kind- I used Colby Jack)
1 jar chunky salsa
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 container sour cream
1. Lay scoops out on foil lined baking sheet.
2. Top with half of shredded cheese and then chicken.
3. Cover with another layer of shredded cheese.
4. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cheese melts.
5. Top with sour cream, salsa and tomatoes.
This dinner was so delicious! We had no leftovers and the kids begged me to make it again the next day. I have also made this using ground beef with taco seasoning instead of making the typical taco dinner. The possibilities are endless…and yummy.
- 1 bag Tostidos Scoops chips
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese (use your favorite kind- I used Colby Jack)
- 1 jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 container sour cream
- Lay scoops out on foil lined baking sheet.
- Top with half of shredded cheese and then chicken.
- Cover with another layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream, salsa and tomatoes.
**What do you do when an unexpected life change means a career change? Find out HERE.