I love loaded baked potatoes. I think they should be their own food group. I also love soup. And my crockpot. A recipe that can combine all three? Pretty much the best thing ever! I’ve tried a bunch of different recipes for Loaded Baked Potato Soup and this one is my favorite. The whole point of using my crockpot is to make dinner easy and have minimal prep work. I am not a fan of the recipes that want me to cook the meal before putting it in the crockpot…what’s the point? This recipe uses frozen hashbrowns instead of having you cook the baked potatoes and then mash them.
Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
1 bag frozen shredded hashbrows, thawed
3 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg cream cheese, full fat version
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 container sour cream
1 pkg real bacon pieces
1. Combine thawed hashbrowns, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup in crockpot.
2. Cook on low for 5 hours.
3. Stir in softened cream cheese and cook on low for additional hour.
4. Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and bacon pieces.
This is so delicious. My whole family gobbled this down! I thought I was going to have some leftovers for lunch the next day but nope! It was gone. I love to serve this during the fall and winter on Football Sunday. The house smells divine all day long and this serves as excellent comfort food for Matt when his football team loses. Word. The best part- you can top this with anything you want! Green onions, tomatoes, different cheeses….anything you like! I served this soup at a family gathering and set up a toppings bar for everyone to load their soup with their preferred toppings. Talk about a huge hit!
- 1 bag frozen shredded hashbrows, thawed
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkg cream cheese, full fat version
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 pkg real bacon pieces
- Combine thawed hashbrowns, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir in softened cream cheese and cook on low for additional hour.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and bacon pieces.
Shared with Craft-o-Maniac Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Monday Funday, Made By You Monday, Make the Scene Monday, Give Me The Goods, Project Inspired, Mix It Up Monday, Show Me What Ya Got, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, From Dream to Reality, One Project At A Time, Tutorials and Tips, Tuesday Treasures, Whatever Goes Wednesday, The Inspiration Exchange, Thursdays Are Your Days, The Party Bunch, Link Party Palooza, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, That DIY Party, Inspire Me Please, Work It Wednesday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Take a Look Tuesday, Live Laugh Linky, The Weekly Creative, Wow Us Wednesday
**Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card right HERE!