I don’t know about y’all but I would be useless without my iPhone. Everything I do is on my phone- from my grocery list to my checking account to my daily planner. Lord help me if I ever lose my phone. Today I wanted to share 16 of my most used and favorite apps with you.
1. My Fitness Pal (cost- free): I use this multiple times a day. I am able to keep track of everything I eat so I can see my caloric intake and adjust as necessary. I also track my exercise and I’ll be honest- my favorite part is watching my remaining daily calories increase when I add exercise to my log. I love that I can search for food item by brand name or even scan the barcode to enter it in my log and all the pertinent details are added automatically without me searching the label.
2. PicTapGo (cost- $1.99): This is hands down my favorite photo editing app. I use it for every single photo I take on my phone. In addition to basic editing tools such as cropping, adjusting the strength and clarity and using lens effects and vignettes, this app has over 50 photo effects and you can layer filters for a unique look. It even lets you save your favorite custom filter recipe to apply to other pictures. I love that I can share my photos to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter directly from the app.
3. Grocery Gadget (cost- free or $0.99 for Pro version): I have the free version because the ads don’t bother me enough to pay for the app. I use this app for my grocery list and I can sync it with Matt’s phone so he knows what we need if he stops off at the store on his way home. I love that I can scan barcodes to make my shopping list instead of typing everything in every time. I can arrange my list by aisles in the store to save time while I’m shopping. You can create multiple shopping lists and also separate lists for multiple stores.
4. Evernote (cost- free): Matt and I both have iPhones and we both downloaded this app. We share one account and both of us can add notes or ideas straight from our phones. I use it to plan my house renovations, Christmas ideas for the kids, random ideas that pop into my head, blog post ideas that I think of in the middle of Wal*Mart…you get the idea. You can access your account from the app or on your computer which makes it super useful for me.
5. Zulily (cost- free): Do you shop on Zulily? I love it so much. Who can resist boutique and designer clothes for you and your kids plus home items at a huge discount? I usually shop right from the app on my phone while I’m waiting for a kid at practice or in line at the grocery store. I’ve scored some amazing deals over the past few months- like boots for Zoey for $8.99 and sneakers for Mase for $6.99!
6. bloglovin’ (cost- free): Ever since Google Reader went away I’ve been using bloglovin’ and I love it. I use the app to catch up on my favorite blogs when I’m on-the-go and this summer I’ve used it mainly at the pool while my kids swim.
7. Collect (cost- Free or $1.99 for Pro version): I have the free version for now but I think I’m going to upgrade soon. It’s a picture-a-day app and I love that it reminds me to take a daily picture if I haven’t collected one by the evening. I enjoy looking back at our month in pictures! This is the app that I use to do my monthly calendar of pictures like the one I shared on Instagram recently.
8. Postal Pix (cost- free): If you’re anything like me, you have 1000 pictures of your kids on your phones that nobody ever sees because they’re on your phone. I use Postal Pix to get prints of my Instagram pictures. I love that I can order them directly from the app without having to get on the computer and transfer pictures. They are relatively cheap and the shipping is super fast!
9. Key Ingredient (cost- free): I use Key Ingredient to store all my favorite recipes. I have it on the computer too but with the app if I forget an ingredient while I’m at the grocery store I can look it up quickly. I also like that I was able to get rid of most of my cookbooks after I entered my favorite recipes into Key Ingredient. You can also create your own categories to organize your recipes.
10. Amazon (cost- free): I love Amazon. I shop there all the time for so many things. When I’m out at a store and I see something I want I always use the app to check Amazon for a lower price before I make a purchase. I’ve saved so much money over the past year by doing that. For example- my vacuum bags would cost me $8.99 for 2 at Wal*Mart but on Amazon I was able to get 6 for $9.99 with free shipping because I have a prime membership. I love saving money.
11. Schedule Planner Pro (cost- $1.99) I use this planner religiously. I am the person who would write everything down in a day planner and then leave it sitting on my desk at home. So this app is a life saver for me. With 5 kids and a husband who has many late night work meetings, I need something to keep me organized.
12. Target (cost- free): I shop at Target at least once a week. I use the app to make my Target shopping list or save mobile coupons. I love the barcode scanner- no more searching for a price scanner in the store, I have one right on the app. The feature I use the most is the pharmacy- I can track and refill my prescriptions right from the app.
13. Disney Junior- (cost- free): Lifesaver. My two littlest kids are in love with Doc McStuffins and Jake the Pirate. Because we have AT&T U-verse the full version of the disney junior app is available for free, which just means more episodes for the kids to watch. You can also get the extended episode list if you have cable through…… I love being able to let one of the little kids watch Doc or Jake on my phone while one of the big kids is playing xbox. There has been so much less fighting since I added this app.
14. iTriage (cost- free): I don’t know about y’all but there is always someone with some ailment in my house. I use this app a lot. You can check out symptoms or find a doctor if you’re away from home. I use this more than WebMD- for some reason every time I use WebMD I’m convinced I’m dying within 5 minutes.
15. Chili’s (cost- free): There are just some nights that I can not get dinner on the table due to a late practice or event. I use the Chili’s app to order dinner to-go and it’s easy to just swing by and pick it up. Easy peasy. I made an account so I could save our favorite items for easy reference.
16. Around Me (cost- free): I love this app. You can find restaurants, banks or ATM’s, bars, coffee shops, stores, hospitals….pretty much anything you need you can find on this app. We use it a lot when we are out of town but I use it frequently in our own city to find new things.
So those are my Top 16 Apps for Moms! What are some of your favorite apps that I should check out?