It’s been hard to get in the true Christmas spirit this year thanks to the various plagues that have befallen our household in the last month. I’m trying though. I finally got the rest of the Christmas decorations put up this past week, we watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, we made Christmas cookies, and we went to Maia’s Christmas program at school. This week we are heading out to a neighboring town to see the Festival of Lights. I’ve been blasting holiday songs all week in an effort to boost my almost non-existent Christmas spirit. Not sure if it’s working but Zoey knows most of the words to Jingle Bells now so there’s that.
1. I’ll Be Home for Christmas- Glee Cast Version
2. Home- Blake Shelton
3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Michael Buble
4. Redneck 12 Days of Christmas- Jeff Foxworthy….don’t judge me, it’s hysterical
5. White Christmas- Michael Buble & Shania Twain
6. Baby It’s Cold Outside- Cee Lo Green & Christina Aguilera
7. The First Noel- Lady Antebellum
8. Joy to the World- Train
9. Mistletoe- Justin Bieber
10. O Holy Night- Martina McBride
I know, it’s not what one might consider a traditional holiday song playlist but when have I ever been traditional? It’s working too, I’m feeling that Christmas spirit again. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the entire bag of peppermint M&M’s or the spiced rum cider I’ve been guzzling…nothing at all.
What are some of your favorite holiday songs that I should add to my playlist?
Sharing my list with Monday Listicles.