I’ve been a parent for 12 years now and yet I seem to learn even more lessons every single year. Some are probably repeats from previous years but I’m too exhausted to remember. Sleep deprivation….what was I saying? Oh yeah, lessons learned.
1. The only thing worse than having 1 kid puking all over your carpet is having 2 kids puking all over your carpet.
2. Those little bouncy balls that cost 25 cents in the vending machines were created by the devil to destroy anything breakable in your house.
3. Using grounding as a punishment for a 12 year old will torture you more than said 12 year old.
4. Four kids create more laundry than some small countries.
5. My house will not be truly clean and organized until every one of my kids move out.
6. When 3 kids are quiet for more than 5 minutes you can be sure that they are plotting world domination.
7. Naptime is something that is only appreciated once you are no longer allowed to have it.
8. Teaching your daughter how to defend herself is necessary but one should remember her lessons when jumping out from behind a door to scare her. On a related note- she is a quick learner.
9. The only time kids wake up on time is on the weekends. The rest of the week you have to drag them kicking and screaming out of bed.
10. 6th grade math these days is a hell of a lot harder than 6th grade math when I was a kid.