Have you ever thought about who you used to be compared to who you are now? Are you the same person or have you evolved into someone different? What characteristics are the same and which ones are different now? I had to really think about this question. I’m not the same person that I was 15 years ago. I’m a much different person, in fact. But when I really dig deep and think about it, I still possess a lot of the same traits and characteristics of the girl I was back then. I’m Delia 2.0- the new and improved model. Ha!
1. I’m Confident. I was not a confident person back then. I went through some crap in high school and the early college years that sucked all the confidence right out of me. It’s taken a long time to build that back up.
2. I’m Grateful. Not that I was particuarly ungrateful before but I just don’t take things for granted anymore because I know how fast it can be ripped away.
3. I’m Cautious. I don’t trust as easily as I once did. I’m more inclined to be wary of new people and situations until I’m sure of them.
4. I’m Content. I can look back now and see how I was always reaching for the next big thing. I wasn’t content to just be in the moment. I’ve learned how to do that now and contentment is a much happier place to be.
5. I’m Strong. By strong I mean I am mentally strong. I have an inner toughness that came from living through some hard times. It’s a tried and true strength that have served me well.
1. I’m Sarcastic. I guess that’s a personality quirk that just never goes away. I am probably one of the most sarcastic people you’d ever meet. I have a quip for everything. It’s charming, I know.
2. I’m a Planner. I’ve always been a planner and I guess I’ll always be one. I am not a spontaneous, throw the plan out the window, kind of a person. The mere thought gives me hives.
3. I’m Optimistic. I’m still a half-glass-full person. I can see the silver lining in just about any situation and I try to never be a Debbie Downer.
4. I’m a Night Owl. I used to drive my mother insane with my late hours. She could never understand why I couldn’t go to sleep until 2am just to be up at 6am for soccer practice. I am just a born Night Owl.
5. I’m Socially Awkward. This is the one trait I wish I had outgrown but no such luck. I’m as socially awkward now as I was back then. I’ve just learned to laugh at myself now where as before I would get so embarrassed.
How are you different or the same as you were 15 years ago?