I showed you a sneak peek of the way this recipe turned out earlier this week. I found the original recipe on Pinterest, of course. But the original called for homemade chocolate chip cookie dough….from scratch. That’s not really how I roll so I adapted the recipe to suit myself.
The originator of the recipe described it as “beautiful, ridiculous, indulgent, outrageous, illegal in 48 states, totally wonderful ultimate layered cookie and brownie treat.” And Oh My Gah- did it ever live up to that description.
First, line a 13×9 baking pan with wax paper and spray it with cooking spray. Trust me, don’t skip this step. Then mix together your chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it in the bottom of the pan.
Cover your cookie dough layer with Oreos.
Finally, whip up your brownie batter and lay it on thick. Make sure it gets down in between the Oreos.
Cover the pan with foil and bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 20-25 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting. You must serve with Vanilla Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce.
Just look at that. Don’t you just want to dive on top of it? I made this on Superbowl Sunday and it was demolished in mere minutes. But just look at it…..
Who could resist all the gooey chocolate-y yumminess? I think I just gained 5 pounds from staring at the picture.Print
Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars
Write a review
- 1 pkg chocolate chip cookie mix (plus ingredients required on package)
- 1 pkg oreos
- 1 box family size brownie mix (plus ingredients required on package)
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with wax paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together chocolate chip cookie dough as directed on package.
- Spread cookie dough in bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread whole Oreos in single layer over top of cookie dough layer.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package.
- Spread brownie batter in thick layer over Oreos.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for additional 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Serve topped with hot fudge and vanilla ice cream.
Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama http://semidomesticatedmama.com/