I told you about my love of the Butterfinger Caramel Cake yesterday and promised to share the recipe. I found the original recipe from Six Sister’s Stuff and I knew I had to make it. I am a Butterfinger lovin’ fool. The gooey goodness of this cake is absolutely scrumptious! You will not be disappointed.
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake according to pkg)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip, thawed
8 mini Butterfingers (or 4 regular sized ones)
Place candy bars in the freezer. Bake cake as directed on package. After cake is done baking and while it’s still hot, use a fork to poke holes through the cake. Poke a lot of holes, you want the caramel sauce to soak through.
Mix sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce together until thoroughly blended. Pour the caramel mixture over top of the cake. Don’t worry if it comes up to the edge of your pan.
Allow the cake to cool completely. While it’s cooling you will see the caramel mixture starting to soak into the cake. Take candy bars out of freezer and smash them with a hammer.
Sprinkle 4 of the crushed candy bars (or 2 if you’re using full size) over top of the cake. I meant to take a picture of the cake with the caramel soaked in but my little helper jumped the gun and started shaking Butterfinger crumbs on top. So this is the best I got- you can still see how the caramel soaked into the cake but I understand if you’re distracted by the yummy Butterfinger crumbs. Really, I do.
Throw your hands in the air and go ahead and let your little helper sprinkle the remainder of those 4 crushed candy bars on top.
Now spread the cool whip over the top of the first layer of Butterfinger pieces.
Go ahead, lick the extra cool whip off your fingers. I did. Now sprinkle the remaining 4 crushed candy bars over the top of the cool whip.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving and make sure you refrigerate any leftovers. Yeah, like you’ll have leftovers. Ha!
Butterfinger Caramel Cake
Write a review
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients as directed on package)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 8oz cool whip, thawed
- 8 mini Butterfinger candy bars (or 4 regular size ones)
- Place candy bars in freezer.
- Prepare and bake cake as directed on package.
- While cake is still hot, use fork or handle of large rounded spoon to poke holes all over cake.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce together until combined.
- Pour caramel mixture over top of cake.
- Allow cake to cool and caramel to soak into cake.
- Remove candy bars from freezer and crush with hammer.
- Sprinkle four of crushed bars (or 2 if using regular size) over top of caramel sauce.
- Spread cool whip over top of crushed candy bar sprinkles.
- Sprinkle the crushed pieces from remaining 4 candy bars over top of cool whip.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers!
Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama http://semidomesticatedmama.com/