FLONASE® compensated me in connection with statements made in this post.
< Spring is here and my family is so excited! The weather has been beautiful lately and the flowers are starting to bloom. My kids have been absolutely ecstatic to be able to get outside and enjoy themselves. We've expended a lot of energy and effort at making our outdoor spaces amazing and fun for the whole family with a large deck and built in hot tub, a basketball court, and a huge playground. We like to spend a lot of time outside having family movie nights around the fire pit, soaking in the hot tub, and eating dinner on the deck. I want the kids to be able to spend as much time outside as possible with their friends- we've become the hangout house over the last few years and I love hearing all the kids playing outside from my front windows.
Unfortunately seasonal allergies can put a real damper on our outdoor fun. Matt and I both suffer from seasonal allergies and have been using FLONASE® Allergy Relief on a regular basis to help combat our symptoms. Since the tendency to develop allergies is often hereditary (source), our children have them too. We choose to use Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief to help make sure our kids can keep having fun outdoors. It’s hard to have fun with itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, and runny noses. Over the years we’ve developed some strategies to help alleviate the effects of seasonal allergies while still allowing our kids to have fun outside.
- Pick the best hours. We try to play in the yard during the late morning hours and the evening hours because the pollen counts are typically lower at those times. We also try to limit outdoor yard play to no more than an hour at a time on hot, sunny, windy days. We spend more time outside after a rain storm because the allergen counts are lower.
- Designate outdoor clothes. Each of our kids has a stack of clothes in their closets that are specifically for outside play. They know to remove those clothes as soon as we come indoors and I wash the clothes immediately. Outdoor shoes have a bin just outside the back door where they stay so we don’t track allergens inside the house.
- Shower frequently. The kids shower and wash their hair immediately after coming inside in the evening hours. We usually go swimming or take a dip in the hot tub during the day which helps wash away any allergens. We definitely make sure the kids have showered and washed their hair before bedtime so they don’t take allergens to bed with them.
- Wear sunglasses or goggles outside. This helps cut down on the exposure of allergens to your eyes. It also discourages kids from rubbing their eyes with allergens on their hands.
- Keep the air inside clean. We use HEPA filters for our air conditioner and our vacuum cleaners and we change them often. I also run a dehumidifier inside to keep the air dry.
- Use an OTC allergy medication. We’re going to use Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief for kids ages 4+ this year. Consistent usage is key. It’s recommended for kids ages 4+. It’s a non-habit forming anti-inflammatory that works in the nose to help block the allergic reaction that makes kids uncomfortable. While most over the counter allergy pills only act on histamines, Children’s FLONASE® helps act on 6 inflammatory substances*. The medicine in Children’s FLONASE® outperforms the #1 non-drowsy allergy medicine**. It is the only OTC nasal spray indicated to relieve stuffy nose & itchy watery eyes.
*Mechanism vs. most over-the-counter (OTC) allergy pills. FLONASE® acts on multiple inflammatory substances (histamine, prostaglandins, cytokines, tryptases, chemokines and leukotrienes). The exact number and precise mechanism are unknown.
**Total nasal symptom relief vs. 10mg single ingredient loratadine
When my kids no longer have to deal with symptoms like runny noses, sneezing and itchy, watery eyes, they’re finally free to enjoy what they’re doing, which is just being a normal kid and enjoying life. And now you can easily earn points whenever you purchase Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief, watch videos and read articles, complete surveys, complete your member profile, and share content with friends. Be greater than your allergies, while earning Greater Rewards! Join today and you’ll immediately earn points and save up to $4 with a FLONASE® coupon!
How do you help your family #BeGreater than seasonal allergies? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/26/2016 – 6/30/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by FLONASE® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare